Equipment Leasing vs. Equipment Purchasing
Regardless of what type of business or industry you are in, your equipment will be a key element in their success. Once you determine what equipment your company requires, the next major consideration is how to finance it. Is it better to purchase or to lease?
The size of your project and the type of equipment it requires, however, are two factors that will determine whether it is a sound business move to lease or to purchase the equipment your business requires.
Equipment Leasing vs. Purchasing: Which is Right for You?
Beyond the overall cost to buy or lease a piece of equipment, there are other considerations: the cost of maintenance, repairs and the possibility of tax deductions that may offset some of the cost of ownership.
National Business Capital & Services, a leading alternative financing company, has prepared the pros and cons of equipment leasing versus equipment purchasing to assist you in making a critical business decision.
Pros & Cons of Purchasing vs. Leasing Business Equipment
Equipment Purchasing Cons:
- Initial cost may be steep and use up working capital versus lower monthly leasing payments.
- Technology becomes outdated quickly. Ownership may mean keeping obsolete business tools until the working capital is available to replace them.
- Maintenance and repair can be expensive. Review warranties and consider maintenance contracts.
Pros of Equipment Leasing:
- Equipment leasing is a sound choice if your business is technology-driven and requires frequent updates.
- Lower up-front costs and predictable payments facilitate budgeting.
- Leased equipment costs may be fully tax-deductible as an operational expense.
These are the basic considerations when reviewing the best way to acquire new business equipment.
Apply for New Business Equipment Today
If you have questions about financing your new equipment, National’s Expert Advisors will be glad to discuss your individual requirements. For a confidential consultation, call us at (877) 482-3008.
Or, apply for the equipment financing you need by filling out our 60-second application, and receive funds in as little as 48 hours.
National Business Capital & Services is the #1 FinTech marketplace offering small business financing and services. Harnessing the power of smart technology and even smarter people, we’ve streamlined the approval process to secure over $1 billion in financing for small business owners to date.
Our expert Business Financing Advisors work within our 75+ Lender Marketplace in real time to give you easy access to the best low-interest SBA loans, short and long-term loans and business lines of credit, as well as a full suite of revenue-driving business services.
We strengthen local communities one small business loan at a time.
For every deal we fund, we donate 10 meals to Feeding America!